painting fun

The older girls and I made this painting to hang on the wall over Sadie Lynne's bed. I had planned on doing it about a year ago when Chris didn't want me doing any stenciling or painting on the walls in Sadie Lynne's big girl room. Then we sold the house moved and life took over. Well, we finally got around to it. It was supposed to be a project for me and SL but she did end up letting Adelaide help a little. It is multi media and we employed various techniques (dry brush, washes, bubble wrap -the circles, corn cob rolling) and materials (lace, jewels, slick paint, beads, foam stamps, stencils and body glitter from Libby Lu!).  They had a blast and with guidance on colors and placement I think it turned out pretty good. I want to paint some words on it but SL likes it like it is- of course she said that at each stage of the project, even when it was nothing but 3 shades of green brushed randomly over the canvas. It was fun and a great creative outlet. Adelaide is raedy to paint one for her room now!

1 comment:

Christy said...

I love it, love it, love it! I am so impressed. I am so glad that they are enjoying ART as much as their Mama always did.