Birthday Babes

Well, we've finally gotten all the girls' birthdays behind us for the year!
 RuRu had a carnival party in the backyard at the end of May. All the kids had a great time and several guests told the girls that it was the BEST party they had ever been to. Thanks to Emmy hooking me up with the cotton candy machine and carnival games, my Mom and Joe bringing a popcorn machine and laurie letting me borrow her Bounce Around inflatable castle, it was a low cost, high fun party!  We had a face painting booth at which I painted LOTS of Hello Kitty faces (RuRu's theme of choice) and my sweet mother-in-law helped me make caramel apples. We made the cake, too, though I'm to blame for the decorating!! Notice the Hello Kitty topper. It was one you can change the clothes. We decided to dress her like an angel! I don't think anyone else caught the irony:) 
 Ruby Beth collected items for the mission team from church. They needed Bible School supplies for their June trip to Uganda. She was so proud to be able to contribute to such a great cause.  I was very impressed by her giving spirit.  Check out the picture of her with all the donations ( the clear rectangular tub plus the Target bag are filled with items from her party guests) !!!
Sadie Lynne and Adelaide celebrated their birthdays together with a party at the neighborhood pool. Ariel was their chosen theme.  We had two cakes, one for each girl. We sang "Happy Birthday" to each individually and each got to blow out candles on her own cake. We had good weather and about 30 kids in attendance.  The girls all had fun and all children got along well. They alternated between swimming and playing on the playground.  Jana took some great pictures for us.
  They collected items for the Lee Co. Humane Society (Sadie Lynne's choice) and the Community Market/Food Bank (Adelaide's choice) and enjoyed getting to deliver the donations themselves. They loved looking at the animals at the shelter-Adelaide tried to talk me into adopting a dog, pointing out that we only have 1 and Chris tried to talk me into an outside dog.  At the Community Market the donation was weighed in front of them and totaled 23lbs. The worker thanked them for their generosity.
The years seem to be flying by. It is hard to believe the girls are now 7, 5 and 3! How did that happen?!!!  I know time will only speed up, so we must enjoy celebrating their milestones along the way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that the girls donated things for their gifts. That's great!! It's teaching them an awesome lesson some kids won't ever learn! Time does fly by! I totally agree. I can't believe sweet little Sadie Lynn is 7!!!!! Oh my!
Well, if Hurricane Gustav doesn't take a crazy turn, we may be headed your direction to seek some shelter with some friends in the big town of Opelika!!!
As much as I'd like to see everyone, it wouldn't be the best conditions. =)
love, daisy