Well, yesterday was both exciting and sad. Exciting because my new washer and dryer arrived. Sad because I was soooo excited!!!  I even invited my neighbor, Becca, over to watch as I put in the first load. We couldn't believe how many clothes it could hold (about twice as many as my old one)!! Then the control panel lit up like a cock pit and I squealed with delight. The washer is a top loader with a glass top, so we stood there peering in as the clothes spun and were agitated, without an agitator, amazed by how quiet it was.  Are we pitiful or what!
Apparently enthusiasm is contagious. I had set a load of towels to delay start until this morning. Sadie Lynne discovered them, came into my room (where I was still sleeping) and announced that she had put the towels in the dryer but didn't know how to start it. I told her which buttons to push and she started the dryer.  A few minutes later she came in to inform me she had put clothes in the washer but didn't know how to start it. I got up and showed her where to pour the detergent and how to select the cycle and start it. Now she keeps updating me on how many minutes until the load is finished and is looking for more things to wash.  Too funny!! It probably won't last long but at least for today the laundry has been taken care of!

3 comments:

Brandy and Andy said...

I am so glad you have a blog site. I enjoy reading Julee's. Now I have yours. Take Care.

Julee H. Nappier said...

It's so funny the little things that excite us stay at home mommies!!!(:

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Christy told me you'd started a blog, and I'm so excited!! I look forward to keeping up with those sweet girls of yours, and I LOVE your blog title!!! Very clever! I'll link you on mine, too. The girls have grown so much, and they are beautiful! I so hope we get to come soon for a visit to Auburn. I'm missing it a lot these days. Baldwin County is great, and I love being here and knowing it's where God wants us, but there's a little piece of me that will always be in AUburn!
Sorry, this was a little longer than a "comment". =)
Oh, btw, WAY jealous of the new washer!
Daisy